Preserving our History
The Cecil Beeson Genealogy Library is located on the first floor of our building and contains many items of interest to historians and genealogists. See below for a short list of items in the library.
Museum items are on the first and second floors. We have historical, interesting and odd items for you to explore. Below is a small sample of our displays. Click any thumbnail image to see a larger version. Right-click and choose Save Picture As to download a copy.
Check back often for current information on:
- Messages and meeting notice
- How to Contact Us
- Books and Other Items For Sale
- 11/28/2012 - NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE LIST OF RESEARCH MATERIAL:
The Great Murder Trial, Blackford and Wells Counties, Indiana, 1883 to 1884; Twibell Cemetery and Lives of Its Pioneers; Historic Woodlawn Cemetery; Excerpts of Vital Statistics, compled by Judy VanCamp, from The Pennville Booster, Jay County, Indiana. Click here for a list of research material in our library. This list will be updated as more items become available.
- Church Files These files may contain church directories, photos, bulletins, etc.
- Individual Family Names. An index of these files has just been completed and a pdf file is available. This individual material is filed alphabetically in the vertical file cabinet. These files might contain newspaper clippings, pictures, brochures, letters, family bible pages, etc..
- Directories This is a list of city directories and telephone books in our library
- Family Genealogies. This material has been donated to the Library and an updated list is now available as a pdf file. Click on Family Genealogies to view. These Family Files are shelved alphabetically in our library.
- High School Year Books, H.C/Blackford County 1917-2009 except 1987. A few year books for Roll and Montpelier,
- Newspaper Collection, dating from 1905 to 1961 - 37 Books from News Times; 36 Books from Times Gazette; 8 Books from News; 22 Books from Evening News - Not complete for all years.
- Picture collection sorted by category and filed
- Book - History of Jay and Blackford Counties, 1887
- Book - Biographical Memoirs of Blackford County, 1900, B. G. Shinn
- Book - Blackford and Grant Counties, Indiana, 1914, B.G. Shinn
- Book - History of Blackford County, 1986
- Book - Indiana Civil War Veterans, Blackford County, 1861-1865 2nd edition
Back to Top
Blackford County Historical Society
321 North High Street
PO Box 264
Hartford City, IN 47348
Sinuard Castelo (765)348-3103, email firstname.lastname@example.org
June 22, 2016
Find errors email WebMaster
This site courtesy M.L.Marshall. Created in Notepad++ and Dreamweaver CS6